Key Points to Remember
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Presenting Author must be first author.
- You may be presenting author on only 1 abstract. You may be co-author on any number of abstracts.
- The presenting author must fully register, and pay in full, before the abstract booklet is printed or the abstract will be withdrawn. Deadline for registration to ensure abstract inclusion is usually around mid-February.
- The Contact Author will be sent ALL emails and communications about the abstract, and therefore should normally be the first/presenting author.
- Please ensure your email address is valid - it is the only means we will use to contact you. Also, we cannot be responsible for emails which are deleted/rejected by your mail server as SPAM (Unsolicited Bulk Email). Spam checkers should never do more than tag messages, and then allow the recipient to decide how to deal with them. If your system deletes Spam automatically, and may be deleting false positives in error, take it up with your systems administrator.
- NEVER submit an abstract more than once - even if you find errors. See the If You Find Errors After Submitting... section below, for instructions on correcting abstracts.
Abstract Problems? - please contact email@example.com
Late Abstract Submission Form - Submit Here
SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED
When you submit your abstract you will be assigned a Submission Number after a few seconds (depends on how busy the server is, and how fast your network connection is) which will be displayed on your web browser and emailed to the Contact Author - if you do not receive a Submission Number it is likely that your submission has failed, in which case you should email firstname.lastname@example.org to check if re-submission is necessary. You will also receive an Access Key which may be required if you wish to check the status of your abstract, or to request withdrawal.
PLEASE NOTE: Late abstracts will only appear on the web site after the meeting, they will NOT appear in the programme book which is now being compiled for printing.
Plenary and Symposium Speakers: Please submit using the forms on the Invited Speakers page when available. You will be supplied with a username and password.
If you find errors after submitting, you should have checked your abstract more thoroughly :-).
- Minor Errors
- DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract - contact email@example.com. We will endeavour to make MINOR corrections if possible. Please specify minor corrections to be made - do not send an entire abstract by email which then has to be reformatted. The abstract coordinator reserves the right to request withdrawal and resubmission if the changes are more than minor.
- Major Changes
- If your abstract requires major changes you should request withdrawal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting Submission Number and Access Key), and then resubmit your new abstract which will be reviewed again.
Frequently Asked Questions about abstract submission
- Read the Help File for the Abstract Submission software. (Opens a new browser window.)
- Look at the Examples of completed forms and preview pages.
- Some browsers must be changed manually to use Western Characters. If you have problems try changing the Character Set/Encoding in your browser to ISO-8859-1 (Western Latin 1).
- The problem may be temporary - try again after a few hours. Please wait until normal working hours UK time, in case a problem has arisen overnight when no staff are in attendance.
- If your problem is still not solved email the abstracts coordinator explaining your problem.
If you require a letter of invitation please contact the HUGO Secretariat at: