Tue 19 April 16:00-18:00
- 1. Genomics, Society and World Health: from Genetic Factors to Infectious Disease (Ethics Session)
Chair/Co-Chairs: Abdallah Daar (Canada) and Ryuichi Ida (Japan)
Speakers: Jeffrey Matsuura, Baoqi Su, Maude. E. Phipps, Ruth Chadwick, Kiichiro Tsutani, Darryl R.J. Macer, Shinobu Gamou, Anthony M. Cutter
- 2. Genome-based Population Studies and their Applications
Chair/Co-Chairs: Ann-Christine Syvanen (Sweden) and Teruhiko Yoshida (Japan)
Speakers: Masayuki Aoki, Seishi Ogawa, T.R. Gaunt, N. Maniatis, Kumi Nakazaki, Michael Nothnagel, Nelson L.S. Tang, Chien-Hsiun Chen
- 3. QTLs, Genomics, and Gene-environment Interactions
Chair/Co-Chairs: Ian Craig (UK)
Speakers: S.M. Moscovis, Shuen-Iu Hung, C.S. Loat, Xiangqun Holly Zheng, Michal Pravenec, E.L. Meaburn, Masaharu Isobe, Yang Da
- 4. Human Diversity and Human Evolution
Chair/Co-Chairs: Doug Wallace (USA) and Katsushi Tokunaga (Japan)
Speakers: Edward J. Hollox, L.J.M. Coin, Naoki Osada, L. Quintana-Murci, Charu Rajput, Charles Lee, I. Ebersberger, Satoshi Oota
- 5. New Frontiers in Computational Genomics and Systems Biology
Chair/Co-Chairs: Kenta Nakai (Japan) and Hiroki Ueda (Japan)
Speakers: Hiroaki Yabuuchi, Chung-Yen Lin, Huaiyu Mi, Ryuzo Azuma, Takaho Endo, Takayuki Taniya, Carsten Rosenow
Wed 20 April 16:00-18:00
- 6. Public Health and Human Genome Research in the Postgenome Era: ELSI Issues (Ethics Session)
Chair/Co-Chairs: Kazuto Kato (Japan)
Speakers: Kenji Matsui, Eiko Suda, Kaori Muto, David Weisbrot, M. Bhardwaj, Mylene Deschenes
- 7. Genes, Chromosomes and Diseases
Chair/Co-Chairs: Hans Hilger Ropers (Germany)
Speakers: Todd Taylor, Dan Clutter, Naomichi Matsumoto, Mira Kyttala, Anna Pelling, Maria Pia Cosma, Guan-Biao Zhou, Andrew. R. Carson
- 8. Environmental Genomics
Chair/Co-Chairs: Jean Weissenbach (France) and Masahira Hattori (Japan)
Speakers: Takashi Abe, Hideto Takami, Tomomi Kuwahara, Tetsuya Iida
- 9. Genome Dynamics and Transcriptome
Chair/Co-Chairs: Takao Isogai (Japan) and Hyang-Sook Yoo (Korea)
Speakers: Silka Sperling, Kouichi Kimura, Dvir Dahary, Riu Yamashita, Nathalie Theret, Philipp Kapranov, G. Bethel, Naoki Goshiman
- 10. Integration of Human Genome Annotations and Bioinformatics
Chair/Co-Chairs: Nick Yankovsky (Russia) and Yasushi Okazaki (Japan)
Speakers: Yunxia Sophia Zhu, C.A. Steward, Yasushi Totoki, Chisato Yamasaki, Vineet K. Sharma, Tulika Prakash Srivastava, Hidemasa Bono, A. Collins, E.I. Rogaev
Thu 21 April 09:00-11:00
- 11. Pharmacogenomics, Toxicogenomics and Chemical Genomics
Chair/Co-Chairs: Yasuhiko Masuho (Japan) and Jose Maria Cantu (Mexico)
Speakers: Wen-Hung Chung, Morimasa Wada, Lee Weng, Yoshitaka Nobukuni, Ellson Chen, Y. Suwa, Fabrice Morel, Chie Furihata
- 12. New Technologies and High-throughput Analysis
Chair/Co-Chairs: Edison Liu (Singapore) and Hiroyuki Aburatani (Japan)
Speakers: F. Steemers, Christian Maercker, Jer-Yuarn Wu, Simon T. Bennett, Andy McShea, Keith Jones, Kunihisa Nagino, YiJun Ruan
- 13. Genomic Basis of Common Diseases
Chair/Co-Chairs: Tatsushi Toda (Japan)
Speakers: Yulei Wang, C.F. Yang, Tomohiro Katsuya, Ann-Christine Syvanen, Yijaung Chern, Nozomi Takahashi, H. Osawa, K.A. Frazer
- 14. Proteome and Structural Genomics
Chair/Co-Chairs: Shigeyuki Yokoyama (Japan)
Speakers: Meng-Ru Ho, Ramaiah Nagaraja, Masaaki Oyama, Birgit Pils, Marlis Herberth, Hong Li, Teruyuki Tsuji
- 15. Epigenetics and Diseases
Chair/Co-Chairs: Norio Nakatsuji (Japan)
Speakers: Poh-San Lai, Yoichi Yamada, Mei-Shang Ho, Dong-Kug Choi, Yong Sung Kim, Nadiya Sosonkina, Sadayuki Ban, Choon-Sik Park
Workshops 5. and 14. have been switched around.
- Workshop 5. is now "New Frontiers in Computational Genomics and Systems Biology"
- Workshop 14. is now "Proteome and Structural Genomics"
Workshops 3. and 10. have been switched around.
- Workshop 3. is now "QTLs, Genomics, and Gene-environment Interactions"
- Workshop 10. is now "Integration of Human Genome Annotations and Bioinformatics"
Please Note: Thursday's Workshop Sessions are at a different time to those on Tuesday/Wednesday.
Abstracts for oral presentation will be selected from submitted and accepted poster abstracts, after the closing date for abstract submissions (21 Jan 2005). Invitations will be sent in late January/early February, so please check your email at that time, as invitations must be accepted as soon as possible to allow compilation of the programme and printing of the programme booklet. If responses to invitations are not received within one week, the invitation will be withdrawn.